Sunday, March 15, 2009

We picked up the car today!

I found this car on Craigslist Madison WI. I contacted the owner who was a nice guy, who said he would hold the car for me until Sunday when we could pick it up. It is a 1986 Volvo 240 DL wagon with a manual trans. These are really tough to find with a MT and with a couple exceptions it is in good shape for a 24 year old car.

Maybe it is because of the great success we had last year with the '93 740 wagon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq4DzzuxpaI
I just seem to have a soft spot for these cars, so I was hoping to find one like this. The brakes are toast, but we were going to replace them anyway. There may be a problem with the drivers side front line, but that's an easy fix too. The passenger side door won't open, but who cares? It has a new battery, started up great, and seems to just need a tuneup.

I am pretty sure that we would not be able to build the fastest car out there for $500 so I figured that we better have one that can hope to go the distance. Or at least make it easy to transport tires and tools.

I am going to order some front brake stuff tonight, and maybe some tuneup bits. I will also register it this week and hope to get it out on the road for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment